Every year, we gather activists from all walks of life — teachers, faith leaders, doctors, parents, you name it — at Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings around the globe. Over the course of three days, trainees learn from world-renowned experts about how to inspire their communities to take action on climate change.
We think they’re pretty amazing events – and judging by the huge smiles and incredible energy we see in faces leaving, we’re pretty sure most Leaders would agree. But you still don’t have to take our word for it. Here’s what people are saying about what it means to become a Climate Reality Leader. (And don’t forget — our trainings are completely free.)
Climate Reality Leaders Walk Away Hopeful
When you read what Climate Reality Leaders have to say about our trainings, the word that comes up over and over is “hope.”
Why is that a big deal? Because we all know how urgent a problem climate change is, but by attending a Climate Reality Leadership Corps training, you’ll learn how we can solve this crisis with the technology we already have today – and how you can help. And that’s cause for hope.
- “One thing that was surprising was the collective buzz of positive energy in the room – people united in being proactive about the climate crisis.” - Laura Sacks, trained in Seattle (2017)
- “[Former US Vice President Al Gore’s] overall message was much more hopeful and optimistic than I was expecting.” - Christian Ready, trained in Denver (2017)
- “Completing my training as a Climate Reality Leader has been such a blast. I'm so grateful to have met so many inspiring people and I cannot wait to begin my own chapter giving talks and presentations on how WE can solve this climate crisis.” - Marcus Wood, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
“Climate Reality gave me renewed hope for the future.”- Ronneil Aviles, trained in Manila (2016)
And More Determined than Ever
Everyone comes to our trainings with one thing in common: a shared passion for solving the climate crisis.
But our trainings aren’t just about climate science. Climate Reality Leaders walk away with the skills and the confidence to take action at home — knowing how to shape public opinion, influence policy, and inspire their community to act. For many leaders, having these skills makes them more committed than ever.
- “It’s tempting to take stock of the magnitude of the challenge we face with a changing climate and become disheartened. As Al Gore noted, we’ve faced massive challenges in this world before. They seemed knotty and intractable — US LGBT rights, slavery, apartheid, women’s right to vote — until we dug in, fought, and won.” - Jude O'Reilley, trained in Seattle (2017)
- “I came out of the Iowa training determined to tackle the problem of climate change in a much more systematic way, through action on the local, state and national level.” - Cathy Cowan Becker, trained in Iowa (2015)
“I would never have felt empowered to establish Climate Mama had it not been for my training with the Climate Reality Project.” - Harriet Shugarman, trained in Nashville (2007)
They Make Powerful Connections with Other People Just Like Them
At a training, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with people who are just as passionate as you are about saving the climate.
After all, our Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings bring together hundreds — and sometimes even thousands — of people from across the globe. (Don’t worry though, we buy certifiable carbon offsets for everyone who attends!)
- “It was an amazing experience to interact with so many incredibly committed people, to inspire and be inspired.” - Marie-Claire Graf, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
“For me, the real value of the training wasn’t the jet stream of science factoids I learned, the presentation skills I practiced or even shaking Al Gore’s hand, but rather the powerful collective energy I felt from my fellow participants. Sitting in that conference hall, I understood for the first time how my actions contribute to the domino effect that is now cascading around the world, galvanizing environmental action and halting the climate crisis.” - Ada, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
I was honored to spend the past three days at @climatereality in Seattle, surrounded by the most inspirational leaders from around the world doing crazy cool things to save our planet. Got to j-chill with one of my all time environmental heroes, Al Gore, and learn so much about every way we can help end global warming ❤️ listen up world, I'm certified!!! #leadonclimate
And Learn Even More than They Expect
Our trainings are for everyone — brand-new and advanced activists alike. As long as you care about the climate crisis and want to take real action, you're more than qualified to attend.
- “There was great breadth and depth throughout the three-day period. I am inspired!” - Thaddeus Popovich, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
- “What I took from this training is the solution to this climate crisis is also the solution to our economic crisis: jobs in solar, jobs in wind, there are more jobs in that sector than there are coal mines. Instead of subsidizing an antiquated tech like coal, why aren’t we investing in new tech in those communities?” - Danielle Crumrine, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
“I’ve been around the block a few times, and didn’t expect to learn much. I was wrong. I certainly beefed up my knowledge of relevant science, technology, policy and market data.” - Kathrin Winkler, trained in Denver (2017)
From Incredible Climate Experts and Speakers
You know how there’s that one voice – maybe an expert in your field or an insightful writer or someone you heard on YouTube – who opened your eyes and completely changed how you think about things? The one you tell your friends all about, saying over and over again, “You’ve got to hear this person"?
Those are the voices you’ll hear at a Climate Reality Leadership Corps training – and you’ll come away with a whole new perspective on what’s happening to the Earth and what we can do to save it.
We’ve had leading climate scientists like Dr. Katharine Hayhoe and Dr. Michael Mann; inspiring activists like Indivisible co-founder Leah Greenberg; media stars like Property Brothers’ Jonathan Scott; elected leaders like Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto; and more. And, of course, former US Vice President Al Gore works with attendees at every training!
- “Mr. Gore’s tireless energy and passion to fight climate change and present solutions was contagious.” - Marie-Claire Graf, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
- “It was incredibly inspiring to learn from accomplished climate experts and innovators and to connect with other people who share this interest.” - Kara Roggenkamp, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
- “Mr. Gore spent the morning moderating panels of scientific experts on climate change, marine science, and earth science. We threw questions at them and got excellent responses. At a time where fact and fiction seem completely blurred, we got clear, first-hand explanations.” - Liza Schillo, trained in Pittsburgh (2017)
Don’t Miss Your Chance! Become a Climate Reality Leader
You heard it straight from people who have attended: You should become a Climate Reality Leader. You’ll walk away hopeful, connected, and with more knowledge and determination than ever before. Join over 15,000 people who’ve already attended a Climate Reality Leadership Corps training and join this incredible network of activists fighting for our planet’s future.
As one Climate Reality Leader said, “Consider attending a future training — you will not regret it.”
Before You Go
At Climate Reality, we work hard to create high-quality educational content like blogs, e-books, videos, and more to empower people all over the world to fight for climate solutions and stand together to drive the change we need. We are a nonprofit organization that believes there is hope in unity, and that together, we can build a safe, sustainable future.
But we can't do it without your help.
If you enjoyed what you’ve just read and would like to see more, please consider making a generous gift to support our ongoing work to fight climate denial and support solutions.