HOW DO I JOIN THE VIRTUAL GLOBAL TRAINING?▼ ▲
The training features four days of two-hour live broadcasts, with additional on-demand viewing and interactive sessions available between April 22 and May
1. Register using this form.
2. Add email@example.com to your trusted senders list so you don’t miss any important training updates!
3. Confirm your participation: Be on the lookout for an email from Climate Reality closer to the training asking you to confirm you can still join us. We know plans change and want to be sure we have an accurate participant roster to give you a great and personalized training experience.
HOW DOES THE VIRTUAL TRAINING WORK? ▼ ▲
The training features four required two-hour broadcast sessions that will air on October 16, 17, 23, and 24. Each two-hour session includes presentations and small group meet-ups on Zoom. On-demand video sessions and optional interactive sessions will be available from October 16 – October 24. You will also have additional time after October 24 to continue to explore the great array of content.
Here is the agenda-at-a-glance. A more detailed agenda will be provided closer to the event.
To best accommodate a global audience in various time zones, the training will air two different broadcast schedules. Choose the broadcast schedule that works best for you.
Cohort 1 Broadcast Schedule:
Saturday, October 16: 17:00 – 19:00 UTC+9 (Tokyo)
Sunday, October 17: 17:00 – 19:00 UTC+9 (Tokyo)
Saturday, October 23: 17:00 – 19:00 UTC+9 (Tokyo)
Sunday, October 24: 17:00 – 19:00 UTC+9 (Tokyo)
Cohort 2 Broadcast Schedule:
Saturday, October 16: 18:00 – 20:00 UTC-4 (New York)
Sunday, October 17: 18:00 – 20:00 UTC-4 (New York)
Saturday, October 23: 18:00 – 20:00 UTC-4 (New York)
Sunday, October 24: 18:00 – 20:00 UTC-4 (New York)
On-demand sessions will be available throughout the duration of the training for you to access at your convenience.
Interactive sessions allow you to connect and engage with other trainees. You will be able to review the interactive sessions schedule once you have access to the training website. While these are not required for certification, we encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities to connect.
WHAT ARE THE TRAINING COMPONENTS? ▼ ▲
1. On-demand orientation.
Estimated run time: 30 minutes
- An introduction to the training experience.
2. Four scheduled interactive broadcasts.
Estimated run time: two hours each
- Intensives on the science and solutions of the climate crisis led by former US Vice President Al Gore.
- Small group conversations facilitated by previously trained Climate Reality Leaders designed to foster reflection and build deeper relationships with fellow trainees.
3. On-demand environmental issue and advocacy sessions.
Estimated run time: 40 minutes
- Sessions focused on four areas critical to addressing the climate crisis and its impacts; Global Climate Justice, Grassroots Organizing, Health and the Climate Crisis, and Nature and Technology-based solutions.
- Sessions will help you gain and practice advocacy and activism skills.
- You will be able to select the sessions that appeal to you based on your interests.
4. On-demand skill-building sessions
Estimated run time: 40 minutes
- Sessions intended to teach advocacy skills needed to engage in meaningful climate action.
5. On-demand regional program overviews
Estimated run time: 15 minutes
- Info-sessions on the Climate Reality campaigns and projects underway around the globe, as well as further information on how to get involved!
6. On-demand climate change solutions talks
Estimated run time: 10 minutes
- Inspirational 10-minute talks showcasing climate solutions in action around the world.
7. Optional interactive sessions
Estimated run time: up to you
- Networking opportunities with your fellow trainees.
- Meet-ups with Climate Reality Leaders and staff from across the globe.
The components necessary to complete the training and join the Climate Reality Leadership Corps community will be clearly marked, and you will be able to track your progress through these requirements on the training website.
You are encouraged to complete as many additional sessions as you are interested in during the training.
HOW WILL I ACCESS THE TRAINING AND LIVE SESSIONS? ▼ ▲
The training takes place on a custom-built website. A few days prior to the training, you’ll be sent log-in credentials to access the website. Everything you need to complete the training is on this website, including live broadcast sessions, links to attend your small group discussions, your personal agenda, and more. It’s all in one place for your convenience – no need to track your own Zoom links or calendar apps!
HOW MUCH DOES THE VIRTUAL GLOBAL TRAINING COST?▼ ▲
There is no fee to participate in the training.
Instead, trainees are expected to complete 10 Acts of Leadership within one year of the training. An Act of Leadership is an action that spreads awareness, drives change, or supports solutions to the climate crisis. These activities could include – but are not limited to – presentations in your community, media outreach, advocacy, and holding or attending events. Trainees will also be required to sign an agreement to this commitment prior to the training. If you are unable to complete 10 Acts of Leadership within your first year of training, you will still be considered a Climate Reality Leader.
WHAT LANGUAGES WILL THE VIRTUAL GLOBAL TRAINING BE CONDUCTED IN? ▼ ▲
While the Climate Reality Leadership Corps training is primarily conducted in English, some of the video content will have French, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese captions. Some of the live interactive sessions will only have audio available, with no closed captioning in additional languages.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL GLOBAL TRAINING? ▼ ▲
You must be at least 16 years of age and of the age of majority in your country of residence if you are a non-US resident, or at least 13 years of age if you are a US resident, to register for the training and to become a member of the Climate Reality Leadership Corps. The Virtual Global Training does not have a single regional focus – the content is intentionally designed for a global audience.
Previously trained Climate Reality Leaders are welcome to register; however, we do encourage those who have already been trained as Climate Reality Leaders to apply to serve as mentors. To request the mentor application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW ARE MINORS ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TRAINING? ▼ ▲
You must be at least 16 years of age and of the age of majority in your country of residence if you are a non-US resident, or at least 13 years of age if you are a US resident, to be eligible to participate in the training and to become a member of the Climate Reality Leadership Corps. Trainees under the age of 18 require permission from a parent or legal guardian and must provide the parent or guardian’s name and email address during registration. Parents or guardians will be emailed the Climate Reality Leadership Corps Agreement to review and sign on behalf of the minor prior to the training.
DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE THROUGH THE WHOLE TRAINING?
Anyone who registers for the Climate Reality Leadership Corps training must be able to commit to completing the required training components. Required components will be clearly marked, and trainees will be able to track their own progress. We estimate the training will take 10-12 hours to complete, but most learning can be done at your convenience over the span of two weeks.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL GLOBAL TRAINING? ▼ ▲
The training will be hosted on a website and will be accessible from any internet-enabled device: computer, tablet, mobile device, etc. Some sessions will take place on Zoom, so you will need access to a device with a working microphone and camera. As the training is web-based, you will need access to a reliable, high-speed internet connection. We recommend at least 1.5 megabits per second internet speed.
I DO NOT HAVE A RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTION AT HOME. HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE? ▼ ▲
Some governments, organizations, and internet providers offer free or reduced-price Wi-Fi service. Please click here for a compilation of some of these programs and other internet connection options.
WILL CLOSED CAPTIONING BE AVAILABLE? ▼ ▲
All broadcasts and recorded video sessions will have closed captioning, while some live interactive sessions may only have audio available with no closed captioning. Please email email@example.com with questions about accessibility.