Petrochemical + Pollution, (Regional Campaign Manager – Gulf South)
petrochemical + Pollution, (regional Campaign Manager – Gulf South)
Reports to: Engagement Director
Direct Reports: Regional Organizer - Gulf South
Salary: $65,000 – 70,000
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states:
CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, NV, OR, PA, TN, TX and VA.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
The Gulf South Petrochemical Campaign Manager will work on the Engagement team to define and shape the organization’s national petrochemical campaign further activating our network of volunteers to take action on national pipeline and petrochemical projects in their local communities with a specific lens on equity and justice in disenfranchised communities. In this role, the Gulf South Petrochemical + Pollution Campaign Manager will oversee one regional organizer on the ground in the gulf south region. This role will help to cultivate partnerships across teams within the organization and externally across coalitions. The role will work within the Engagement team and alongside the Partnerships and DEIJ teams to build out a larger strategy in the Gulf South, with a specific focus on two critical states, in the region – LA and TX.
This role will hold and maintain relationships with coalition partners to include civil rights organizations, environmental justice organizations, clergy, funders, Climate Reality volunteers, and Climate Reality staff to
ensure that the organization is actively combating the climate crisis while putting forth community centered climate solutions rooted in equity and justice that lead to the exposure and/ or remedy of disproportionate health disparities experienced by frontline communities, specifically indigenous communities and communities of color by resisting additional fossil fuel expansion in the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities: (included, are not limited to the following)
- Overseeing, shaping, defining and managing the overarching petrochemical expansion campaign in the Gulf South with a specific focus on LA and TX, to include setting goals and organizational strategies that move the campaign forward in an impactful and tangible way
- Developing metrics to track progress, impact, and effectiveness of the campaign
- Interfacing with the policy team to determine strategic policy actions that our chapters and volunteers can take in opposition of pipelines, petrochemicals, and the disruption of fossil fuel infrastructure
- Engaging with the partnerships and DEIJ teams as you assist Climate Reality with building out a
- national petrochemical strategy and campaign development
- Producing compliance reports related to potential grant funding in accordance with time sensitive
- Manage one regional organizers that will establish and maintain coalition relationships whom will be assigned specific campaign responsibilities -- including overseeing their work and taking responsibility for any related outcomes
- Working closely with the chapter support and youth engagement teams to develop strategies and goals for chapters who are interested in running campaigns around petrochemicals, pipelines, and other fossil fuel projects
- Working alongside the special projects team to support the inclusion of training content that highlights petrochemicals, pipelines, and fossil fuel infrastructure and to help design strategic actions for trainees to take related to the campaign
- Building and maintaining relationships with campaign coalition partners in the in the Gulf South and the surrounding Greater Texas & Louisiana region
- Working with the communications team to shape the campaign narrative, create press releases, blogs, and other communication materials to enhance public awareness about the campaign
- Interfacing with our solutions team to ensure that our campaign materials are rooted in a concrete understanding of environmental and climate justice as it relates to impacts of fossil fuel, petrochemical, and pipeline projects on local communities and the perpetuation of environmental racism within climate crisis
- Writing memos and grant proposals that succinctly capture campaign opportunities and results
- Communicating program and organizational updates on a regular and ongoing basis to the
- Engagement Director, the engagement team and the organization at large when directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable educational experience in a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working on advocacy or political campaigns.
- Detailed knowledge of a broad range of campaign strategies and tactics.
- Proven track record with coalition building, political organizing, grass roots or field campaign organizing, and comfortable with public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Prior experience managing staff and/or interns.
- Demonstrable strategic thinker and possess problem-solving acumen.
- Prior project management experience
- Personal commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and demonstrated knowledge of climate, civil rights and environmental issues.
- Experience and awareness of cultural diversity with a lens on equity and justice and posses the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations, coalitions and volunteers.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and handle competing responsibilities in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any
other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put Gulf South Petrochemical and Pollution Regional Campaign Manager in the subject line.
Excellent benefits, including employer paid 100% employee medical, life, dental, vision. 401K, Paid Parental Leave and other fringe benefits such as wellness days, vacation and sick time are all included.