Special Projects Senior Associate
Reports To: Special Projects Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary Band: $65,000
Classification: Full Time, Salary Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society.
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on our website.
Our Washington, DC office is open. Our current policy is a hybrid approach with an option for our staff to come in at 20% of the time. We are hiring in the DC (DMV) region only.
The Climate Reality Project, is offering a full-time position for a Senior Associate to work with the Special Projects team. This team plans, organizes, and executes events, including Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, designed to give people the knowledge, networks, and tools to solve the climate crisis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Building and sending emails to training event applicants and attendees using mass-email tools.
- Developing and managing email response templates for inquiries from training event applicants and attendees.
- Leading the customer service response team during virtual and in-person training events.Building and running reports on customer relations management databases.
- Working with outside vendors to order and track training materials.
- Researching, synthesizing, and implementing novel training ideas and concepts.
- Responsible for event attendee seating arrangements, registration management, and other event logistics.
- Supervising team intern(s).
- Testing and troubleshooting event-related online forms before deployment.
- Reviewing and vetting participant applications for training events.
- Tracking and updating participant rosters for training events.
- Reviewing and compiling attendee feedback to assist with project close-out, debriefs and final reports.
- Help to manage event materials both onsite and in the DC office.
- Traveling domestically and internationally to help execute events.
- Reconciling monthly team credit card reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with customer relations management databases such as Salesforce, preferred.
- Experience with email ticketing systems such as Freshdesk, preferred.
- Proficient in working with large datasets in Microsoft Excel, including learning and applying basic functions for analysis.
- Experience representing an organization in a public-facing customer service role
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify and solve for system weaknesses with creative solutions.
- Works well both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and ability to work effectively with international attendees and vendors.
- Commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and values.
- Written and/or spoken proficiency in language(s) other than English a plus.
Education and Experience
- Some college, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least four years of experience working projects and managing deadlines.
- Experience managing a direct report is welcome.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Excellent benefits, including employer paid 100% employee medical, life, dental, vision. 401K, Paid Parental Leave and other fringe benefits such as wellness days, vacation and sick time are all included.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org