Los Angeles, California (December 3, 2018) – On December 3-4, former US Vice President Al Gore will host The Climate Reality Project’s eighth-annual 24 Hours of Reality broadcast — 24 Hours of Reality: Protect Our Planet, Protect Ourselves — a 24-hour live event exploring how the climate crisis is threatening human health worldwide. This year’s program will be carried by broadcast partners globally and streamed live online at 24HoursofReality.org.
Celebrities, musicians, elected officials, and thought leaders will join the broadcast to highlight the climate-health connection around the world, with features including:
Special appearances, videos and exclusive performances: U2; Sting & Shaggy; Foo Fighters; The Lumineers; 5 Seconds of Summer; Moby; Jeff Goldblum & the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra; Portugal. The Man; Serj Tankian and Shavo Odadjian from System Of A Down; Bob Weir and Wolf Bros; Robyn; Courtney Barnett; Arlissa; Kate Nash; Goo Goo Dolls; Clare Bowen; David Crosby; Nahko; Michael Franti; We Three; Marcin Patrzalek; Nyah Grace; Khalil Fong; LiCong; Raja Kumari; Ben&Ben; Sjava; Mr Eazi feat. Simi; Jesse & Joy; Minzy; and Kulick; including:
- Exclusive world premieres of Portugal. The Man’s new single, “Easy Tiger,” Kate Nash’s new single, “Trash,” and Mr. Eazi feat. Simi’s new single, “Surrender.”
- Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross’s music video “A Minute to Breathe” from the film Before the Flood.
- World exclusive video of U2’s “Red Flag Day” in collaboration with the World Surf League.
- Celebrity appearances: Arap Bethke; Deepak Chopra; Bryan Cranston; Claire Danes; Ivana De Maria; Michael Fassbender; Mathieu Flamini; Joseph Gordon-Levitt; Amanda Gorman; Vanessa Hauc; Julianne Hough; Brooks Laich; Lucy Lawless; Téa Leoni; Laura Marano; Thomas Middleditch; Trevor Noah; Bill Nye; David Oyelowo; Mandy Patinkin; Adam Rippon; Rola; Jonathan Scott; Stephanie Shepherd; Cody Simpson; Jaden Smith; Alyson Stoner; Geraldine Viswanathan; Calum Worthy; Van Ness Wu; Yoshiki; Annabel Zimmer; Hans Zimmer; and more.
- Elected officials and thought leaders: President Sauli Niinistö, president of the Republic of Finland; President Carlos Alvarado Quesada, president of the Republic of Costa Rica; President Anote Tong, former president of the Republic of Kiribati; First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, first minister of Scotland; Xie Zhenhua, China’s special representative for climate change affairs; George Heyman, minister of environment and climate change strategy, British Columbia; Eric Garcetti, mayor of Los Angeles; Dr. Eckart Würzner, mayor of Heidelberg, Germany; Gina McCarthy, former US EPA administrator and director of C-CHANGE (Center for Climate, Health, and the Global Environment) at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Susan Pineda-Mercado, special envoy for global health initiatives in the Philippines; Dr. Maria Neira, director, Department of Public Health, Environmental, and Social Determinants of Health, World Health Organization; Dr. Naoko Ishii, CEO and chairperson, Global Environment Facility; Dr. Zitouni Ould-Dada, deputy director of climate and environment division at the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO); Dr. Robert Bullard, distinguished professor of urban planning and environmental policy at Texas Southern University; Catherine Flowers, rural development manager for the Equal Justice Initiative, founder of the Alabama Center for Rural Enterprise (ACRE), The Climate Reality Project Board Member; and more.
“Our health depends on the health of the planet,” said Al Gore. “The climate crisis is not an abstract issue; it has direct impacts on us and the people we love the most. I’m looking forward to exploring the climate and health connection on this year’s 24 Hours broadcast and to discussing how we can take bold and ambitious action to ensure that future generations can live long, healthy lives full of opportunity and promise."
Produced by Peter Green, Danielle Addair, and Steve Addair of ShoulderHill Entertainment, this year’s 24 Hours of Reality will air live from Los Angeles beginning on Monday, December 3 at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST. The show will travel around the globe, highlighting unique regional health impacts and celebrating local, national, and international efforts to implement meaningful climate solutions. The program will also broadcast two hours live from locations in China and India.
24 Hours of Reality: Protect Our Planet, Protect Ourselves will be carried on television globally by broadcast partners in 125 plus countries, including ABS-CBN, DIRECTV Latin America, Discovery Poland Group, France 24, KAN, Nat Geo Wild and National Geographic outside the US, NDTV, People°s Weather (DSTV), Phoenix TV, PPTV HD36, RTP, SBS Viceland, SKY Mexico, Telemundo, TLN, Yle and more. The full list of television broadcast partners will be available at 24HoursofReality.org. The show will also be available live via online streaming at 24HoursofReality.org, ifeng.com in China, and through a network of social distribution partners. Global transmission feed is being provided by Intelsat, operator of the world’s first globalized network and leader in integrated satellite communications.
ABOUT THE CLIMATE REALITY PROJECT
Founded by Nobel Laureate and former US Vice President Al Gore, The Climate Reality Project is working to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every level of society. With a global movement more than 5 million strong and a grassroots network of trained Climate Reality Leader activists, we are spreading the truth about the climate crisis and building popular support for clean energy solutions. For more information, visit www.climaterealityproject.org or follow us on Twitter at @ClimateReality.
ABOUT SHOULDERHILL ENTERTAINMENT
ShoulderHill Entertainment, LLC is a production group with several divisions dedicated to film, and production services for commercial and global clients, live broadcasts, visual effects, gaming and music. ShoulderHill creates high-quality entertainment for feature films, TV and live entertainment properties meant for audiences around the world. For more information visit: http://www.shoulderhill.com.