Digital Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states:
CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, NV, OR, PA, TN, TX and VA.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, is dedicated to leading a global movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis by using cutting-edge communications and grassroots strategies to educate the public about the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis and to activate the public to support actions that address the climate crisis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for writing and sending email blasts, answering inquiries from online donors and supporters, assisting in email targeting and donor list segmentation, and assisting in managing donor records in Climate Reality’s customer relationship management (CRM) system and email marketing platform.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the team to write well-researched and engaging emails, advocacy campaign content, landing pages, spotlights on our Climate Reality Leaders, blogs, and other content created to inspire our audience to act on climate change.
- Building email and SMS campaigns using EveryAction with relevant audience segmentation.
- Building donation web pages and assisting with basic website production for online fundraising and advocacy purposes.
- Updating the team's reporting dashboard, including email, SMS, donations, and web traffic and conversions, to continuously evaluate and refine digital tactics.
- Assisting with managing our email list and online donor data and working to keep good list hygiene and best practices.
- Keeping up with email best practices, including deliverability, CAN-SPAM, segmentation, supporter lifecycles, drip/triggered messages and using email testing and rendering tools.
- Running customer service program, including responding to tickets, reporting on trends and defects identified by tickets, and updating our FAQ and canned responses on a regular basis.
- Managing online donor relations, including managing monthly subscriptions, answering questions, providing refunds, etc.
- Supporting the digital/communications team with additional projects that contribute to the department’s overall goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in customer relationship management (CRM) systems and/or email marketing software, such as EveryAction, Engaging Networks, Salsa, or similar.
- Talent for writing clear and compelling email, web, and social media copy.
- Familiarity with and desire to learn more about email best practices, including formatting, deliverability and spam, testing, and metrics.
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational database and spreadsheet programs.
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail, working knowledge of quality control processes and procedures, demonstrated ability to identify and solve complex problems independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with tight deadlines.
- A deep care for both climate change and environmental justice and a yearning to work to solve the climate crisis and create a healthy and equitable future for all.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce database.
- Familiarity with EveryAction.
- Familiarity with Drupal.
- Graphic design experience or interest in learning graphic design.
- Interest in organizing and engaging a sustained supporter base.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted through Friday, March 18th 2022