Climate Reality Leadership Corps
Make a difference on climate change.Train with former US Vice President Al Gore and join a community of over 45,000 changemakers working for just climate solutions worldwide.
Power Up Training: From Acts to Action
Let’s Leverage the IRA and Infrastructure Act for Climate Action Now!
The Climate Reality Leadership Corps was born from the simple belief that everyday people could lead the fight on climate and together change the world.
The program started back in 2006, when 50 aspiring advocates joined Vice President Gore at his barn in Nashville, Tennessee to learn how to share the truth about the climate crisis, just as he had in the Academy Award-winning film "An Inconvenient Truth."
Two decades on, that 50 has grown to over 45,000 advocates working together for bold and just climate solutions across sectors and continents. People come to the Climate Reality Leadership Corps with a desire to make a difference on climate. We give them the tools, training, and network to do it.
The first step to becoming a Climate Reality Leader is attending a special multiday training, either online or in person in cities and communities around the world.
By attending a training, you’ll:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the climate crisis and how we can solve it from Vice President Gore and world-renowned scientists, activists, innovators, and policymakers.
- Work with field-leading organizers and experts to become an effective advocate and leader, equipped with the skills to influence decision makers, shape public opinion, mobilize your community, and more.
- Learn about the relationship between the climate crisis and wide-ranging environmental justice issues from air pollution to loss and damage.
- Connect with Climate Reality Leaders and join a global community of advocates just like you.
- Network with individuals and organizations leading the charge for solutions to the greatest challenge of our time.
"It was one of the best climate-related trainings I have attended. I was inspired to hear and learn from the work of a diverse group of climate advocates, and it has enhanced my knowledge on environmental justice and the links between inequality and climate change. I also found the facts and figures with regards to connection between lived experiences and climate science very insightful."
-Muna Mumthaz, The Maldives
"I had heard about climate change before, but in these two days of training, I gained a deeper understanding of the environmental issue and climate justice in a clear, objective, and factual way . . . I am very happy to become a trained Climate Reality Leader and to be connected to a huge and diverse community that can support me in my climate advocacy."